Thursday, January 31, 2013

Super Bowl Eats

Super Bowl XLVII is this Sunday, and since Civic Center Plaza isn't having a public viewing, I'll be enjoying the game from the comfort of my couch.  While I'm not as big of a football fan as I am baseball, I have many fond memories of past Super Bowls celebrated with friends, parties, and 49er Championships!  This year will probably just be a small gathering with my folks and boyfriend, which is fine because I haven't planned what to eat just yet!

Food is probably my favorite part of the entire Super Bowl experience, besting the game itself and even the commercials!  I love finger food, and this is the one day out of the year I allow myself to eat it the entire day.

Here's a rough menu of what I'll probably have this Sunday:
-Spinach dip with sourdough bread and/or tortilla chips
-Vegetables with ranch dip
-Cheese fondue
-Things to dip in cheese fondue like chicken apple sausage, bread, vegetables, fruit
-Chili (possibly this chili recipe) with Fritos and/or tortilla chips
-Chocolate or caramel fondue
-Things to dip in fondue like pound cake and fruit
-Beignets instead of dessert fondue? (if not too difficult)
-Beer, wine, root beer, water
-Extra food my parents buy

For the Super Bowl, I'm all for food that is easy to prepare, can be prepared in advance, and is ready to eat without a lot of reheating.  Looking at this list is making me hungry already!

GO NINERS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment